The bunting is being hung up ready for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend!
But don’t forget to stay safe as you’re out enjoying the fun – take care of yourself and your friends.
Our top tips for safe celebrating are:
- Eat before you go out to reduce the impact of alcohol
- Decide your limit in advance – and stick to it
- Avoid rounds – round buying often means people drink more
- Pace yourself – slow down and take smaller sips, choose smaller measures and alternate between alcoholic and soft drinks
- Know what you’re drinking – stronger drinks or larger pub measures can make keeping track of your intake difficult
- Go for less alcoholic longer drinks – top up spirits with more mixer, drink spritzers or choose shandy rather than beer
- Beware of spiking – do not leave your drink unattended
- Say no to top ups – a repeatedly re-filled glass makes keeping track of your intake difficult
- Never drink and drive – leave the car at home or make sure you have a designated driver
And to keep yourself safe when you leave the party:
- Stay with your friends and don’t walk home alone – get a taxi
- Keep warm – take a coat to avoid freezing whilst waiting in line for a taxi
- Look after each other – make sure no-one gets isolated from the group particularly if they have been drinking heavily
- Make sure you carry condoms with you if there’s a chance you might need them
Worried about your own or someone else’s alcohol use? Visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/alcohol for information and advice.