Community Safety’s Dob ‘EM In initiative to tackle nuisance motorcyclists in North Warwickshire andNuneatonand Bedworth is going well.
The scheme has identified locations in Nuneaton, Bedworth andNorth Warwickshirewhere this behaviour is common and residents have been contacted and encouraged to report names and plates of the nuisance bikers.
The campaign compliments the work of the police who have the powers to track down identified riders and issue S59 nuisance vehicle warning notices that can lead to the vehicle being confiscated.
We have been busy spreading the word about the campaign and here’s the latest updates:
8 May 2012
- We visited Gadsby Street Nuneaton – 44 postcards dropped and a name and address have been supplied to us of a rider.
- Baddesley Ensor Old Pit site visited where we put some signs up and dropped off some postcards. We had a number of replies, but are unable to identify any individuals at present, so are working with other services to look at the issues on the site.
- We visited Kenilworth Drive Nuneaton on 8 May, number of street signs and 47 postcards dropped. Huge response and same address identified. Please continue with the information.
23 May 2012
- Lots of complaints received, so we visitedRoxburgh Roadput up 7 signs and dropped 86 postcards, huge response same address mentioned visit made by PCSO and Section 59 served. No recent reports.
- Still awaiting for some replies from Arley area we have put up the signs and dropped some postcards.
5 June 2012
- Bermuda Estate visited the estate last week and put up some signs, details of the project are posted on the residents Group website take a look and see how you can help.
For more information or to report a nuisance biker go to www.warwickshire.gov.uk/dobemin or contact Community Safety Project Officers Helen Earp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martyn Stephens (email@example.com) 02476 483163.