Alcohol Concern’s new campaign challenges people to give up alcohol for the month of January. They are asking people to think about their drinking habits and (if they wish) get sponsored to give up the booze for 31 days. Sign up on the campaign website www.dryjanuary.org.uk.
Feel better. Save money. Make a difference. Your chance to ditch the hangover, reduce the waistline, and save the pennies.
If you are one of the estimated nine per cent of men and three per cent of women in the UK with signs of alcohol dependence you might also think about contacting The Recovery Partnership.
When someone becomes dependent or addicted to alcohol, they:
- Develop a strong sense of compulsion to drink
- May drink shortly after waking to reduce feelings of alcohol withdrawal
- Develop a reduced capacity to control how often and how much they drink
- Organise their lifestyle around drinking
- Continue to drink despite physical or social problems
(Source: BBC Health)
If any of the above apply to you then contact one of the local servcies for help and support. http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/alcoholc