In Plymouth a court has heard how a man hit a friend over the head with a hammer in a row over some missing tobacco at a New Year party.
In the States a three-year-old boy suffered first- and second-degree burns after his mother’s e-cigarette exploded causing his car seat to catch fire.
The e-cigarette exploded while it was charging, causing a white-hot copper coil to shoot out that bounced off the ceiling and landed in the young child’s car seat.
If you are a smoker and would like to avoid such hazards why not join in with STOPTOBER?
Stoptober 2013 starts on Tuesday 1 October and runs for 28 days. For more information and to join the biggest stop smoking challenge of its kind. Search ‘Stoptober’ online or get support from Warwickshire’s Stop Smoking Service on 0800 0872 917