The latest in our Friday afternoon unwelcome information series….
8 Ways Alcohol Can Kill
Alcohol can kill you directly or indirectly. Here is just a sampling of how:
1. Traffic fatalities
4. Long term effects of alcohol
5. Overdose – Alcohol, when combined with other drugs (pain medications, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, etc.) can kill by interfering with the autonomic nervous system’s ability to regulate respiration.
6. Cases of severe dependence and withdrawal
7. Accidents involving fire – Over half of deaths involving fire involve alcohol consumption.
8. Homicide – More than half of all homicides have a common element: excessive drinking.
Read more here