On Monday 2 March at 7pm, the Ministry of Justice will be holding a webchat on the issue of revenge porn. Revenge porn is the malicious sharing of private sexual images of someone else to cause them distress. Three panellists will be available for 30 minutes to answer questions from the public on the new criminal offence of revenge porn, support for victims, precisely what action constitutes revenge porn and other related issues.
Garry Shewan – Assistant Chief Constable, Greater Manchester Police and National Policing Lead for Stalking and Harassment
Folami Prehaye – Victim of revenge porn and founder of Victims of Internet Crime
Laura Higgins – Revenge Porn Helpline and UK Safer Internet Centre
Please go to Ministry of Justice webchats (http://ow.ly/JDifP) to find out more, join the chat and to start submitting questions ahead of Monday.
Support the campaign to say #NoToRevenge Porn
The Be Aware B4 You Share revenge porn awareness campaign which we launched on 12th February to deter potential offenders, has received a great reaction so far with the media highlighting the issues and the distress that it can cause to victim (The Huffington Post) and hundreds of people helping us spread our campaign message.
Please support the Campaign in these various ways:
- Sign up to Thunderclap http://ow.ly/JDj8N message supporting the campaign. Please share this far and wide!
- Please follow @MoJGovUK on Twitter. Look out for messages and retweet them! Here are some sample tweets you can share:Been a victim of revenge porn & need support? Call @RPhelpline on 0845 6000 459 #NoToRevengePorn http://ow.ly/JwSmo
You can help send a united #NoToRevengePorn message. Join the Thunderclap here: http://ow.ly/JwQcV
- Visit the Facebook campaign page http://ow.ly/JDjmn. Your messages of support or information about local assistance and activity on revenge porn and support for victims would be welcome on this page so feel free to make a comment here.
- Visit the resource page http://ow.ly/ISwe9, download the materials and post them up physically or use them on your social media channels!
- Make a video pledge (less than 15 secs) on Instagram or YouTube using #NoToRevengePorn (you can view this and the words to say here) or if you prefer email the video to the address below and it’ll posted it on the YouTube channel.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any further questions.