Technology is a prominent part of today’s society. Children are using technology at a younger age, using it for school work, playing games etc. Here is advice to help keep your children safe when online.
- It is wrong to text, write or post anything that deliberately upsets another person.
- Think about how a message would make you feel if it was about you.
- If you do see or receive a message that worries or upsets you then tell a grown up straight away.
- If you know another person is receiving messages which concern or upset them then tell a grown up straight away.
- Always get a grown ups permission before using the internet or playing online games.
- Be careful not to put too much information about yourself on the internet, when you are playing online games for example. Do not give your name, age, address, email, phone number or school name when on the internet.
- Remember that people using the internet can lie about who they are and they can pretend to be someone they’re not.
- If you feel unsure or concerned about anything on the internet tell a grown up.
You will find information about staying safe online and links to trusted sources here