Making the case for investing in effective alcohol treatment – new guidance has been published today (21st January).
Public Health England’s (PHE) ultimate aim is to prevent and reduce the harms caused by alcohol.
The new resource provides information on the harmful impact of alcohol dependency. It supports the commissioning and delivery of evidence based treatment interventions to address harmful drinking and alcohol dependence in adults.
Alcohol treatment can contribute to making improvements in:
- hospital-related admissions
- child poverty
- employment for those with a long term health condition
- social isolation
- falls and injuries in those over 65
- treatment completion for tuberculosis
- premature mortality from liver disease
- cardiovascular disease cancer
Read more here
This guidance will inform the shaping of future service provision in Warwickshire