In a recent Intranet poll 43 per cent of pollsters said they would like to reduce their junk mail, so here are six ways to go about it:
- It’s quick and easy to register for the mailing preference service online at mpsonline.org.uk, by phone on 0845 703 4599, or in writing to: Mailing Preference Service, FREEPOST (LON20771), London, W1E 0ZT.
- Tick the opt out box when filling in product warranties, competitions and catalogue forms to ensure details are not passed to other companies
- Choosing not to have names shown on the public copy of the electoral role as it is sold to mailing firms.
- Asking the Royal Mail not to deliver unaddressed mail by writing to: Freepost RSTR-YCYS-TGLJ, Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, OXFORD, OX1 1AA, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place a “no junk mail” sticker on your letter box to discourage delivered junk mail.
- Request to be taken off the Yellow Pages mailing list by calling Yell on 0800 6714444.
For your free ‘No Junk Mail’ letterbox sticker, please contact the Waste Management Team on 01926 412458 or e-mail email@example.com.
For further details visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/junkmail