You can now phone or email and book your free electric blanket test, Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards Service has announced.
Warwickshire Trading Standards will provide electric blanket tests FREE OF CHARGE, for Warwickshire residents aged 50 or over, between Monday 3rd October and Friday 7th October 2016.
Testing is by appointment only and available to Warwickshire residents age 50 or over. There are limited appointments which are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Rugby Library, Monday 3rd October 2016
- Asda Nuneaton, Tuesday 4th October 2016
- Leamington Spa Library, Wednesday 5th October 2016
- Kenilworth Library, Thursday 6th October 2016
- Stratford Briar Croft, Friday 7th October 2016
- North Warwickshire residents, please ask about our collection and return service
To book an appointment, call the Trading Standards Service on: 01926 414080 (Monday to Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAct on Energy will also be at the testing stations to provide free energy efficiency advice to the public.If you are unable to take advantage of the testing programme you can check your own blankets by looking for the following warning signs:
- the fabric is worn or frayed
- there are scorch marks anywhere
- the tie tapes are damaged or missing
- the flex is worn or damaged
- any connections are loose Remember older blankets in regular use are much more likely to have one or more of the above faults. For a complete guide to checking your electric blanket, visit our website: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/electricblanket