As you may be aware 25th November marks the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls, it is the beginning of 16 days of activism against gender based violence. The 25th of November is also a date on which the White Ribbon Campaign (men saying no to domestic violence) encourage a lot of activity. For more information on the White Ribbon Campaign and their activity around the 25th November 2016, please visit the website: http://www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk/
This year, we are doing our bit to contribute to the 16 days of activism by inviting professionals in Warwickshire to come along to one of our seminars run by the National Centre for Domestic Violence.
The National Centre for Domestic Violence was established to help survivors of domestic violence obtain protection against an abuser, as well as offering services to the police, probation service, domestic abuse workers, the legal profession and judiciary.
Come and hear from NCDV about how they can help victim-survivors and support your service in working to protect your vulnerable clients
What’s covered in the seminar?
- Definition of domestic violence and abuse
- How funding is considered reviewing the option of Legal Aid, and a brief overview of the Legal Aid changes made in April 2013,
- Benefits of civil orders available for victim-survivors of domestic violence and abuse; as well as Domestic Violence Protection Notices and Domestic Violence Protection Orders.
- Who NCDV are, what NCDV can do to help and how to access NCDV.
- How NCDV obtain emergency injunctions, and how you can refer victim-survivors (with consent) to NCDV and then if required receive email updates on the status of the injunction application.
- NCDV apps, available for android and i-phones.
- Accessing domestic violence and abuse services in Warwickshire
- Update on re-commissioning of domestic violence and abuse services in Warwickshire.
|Friday 25th November||10:00 – 12:00||Council Chamber, Leamington Town Hall|
|Monday 28th November||10:00 – 12:00||CR 11 & 12, Kings House, Bedworth|
|Monday 28th November||14:00 – 16:00||Committee Rm 2, Shire Hall, Warwick|
|Thursday 1st December||14:00 – 16:00||Committee Rm A, Nuneaton Town Hall|
|Monday 5th December||10:00 – 12:00||Rm 001, Elizabeth House, Stratford (Stratford DC)|
|Monday 5th December||14:00 – 16:00||Rm 001, Elizabeth House, Stratford (Stratford DC)|
|Tuesday 6th December||10:00 – 12:00||Council Chamber, North Warks BC, Atherstone|
|Tuesday 6th December||15:00 – 17:00||Committee Rm 2, Shire Hall, Warwick|
|Thursday 8th December||10:00 – 12:00||Conference Rm A, Warwickshire College, Rugby|
Places are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.There will be a short break with refreshments and an opportunity to gather resources relating to Warwickshire services.
To book your place please contact us as follows-
Tel: 01926 413772