The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales. It is a criminal offence for someone to call themselves a solicitor or act as a solicitor if they are not on the roll of solicitors. Bogus solicitors may be prosecuted and the SRA issues alerts
More information on bogus solicitors and how to check if a solicitor is on the roll or a law firm is SRA regulated is available here: bogus solicitor
- Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
- Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
- Sign up to scam alerts at http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
- Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
- Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert