Bogus ‘Amazon Security’ phone calls
Warwickshire residents have reported receiving bogus phone calls from people pretending to be Amazon security. The callers state that someone is attempting to access the resident’s Amazon account. They then request access to the resident’s computer and emails.
Never provide cold callers with access to your computer. Don’t reveal your passwords.
E-mails or calls from Amazon will never ask you for personal information. If you believe a phone call from Amazon is genuine, ask to call them back on a publicly listed phone number (for example on their website).
More information on Amazon security
- Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
- Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
- Sign up to scam alerts at http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
- Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
- Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert