As we enter 2020, consumers are advised to avoid abbreviating the date 2020 to 20 on legal documents and cheques etc. (for example 01/01/20). Using the number 20 instead of 2020 could allow fraudsters to add additional numbers, for example 21 or 16 to falsely post-date a document or indicate that a document was signed earlier than it was. Many legal document require a full date, but it is a sensible precaution is to use the full date in all such circumstances.
- Make a scam/rogue trader complaint to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.
- Warwickshire Trading Standards Website Facebook Twitter
- Sign up to scam alerts at http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/scams
- Avoid rogue traders. Use Warwickshire Trading Standards No Rogue Traders Here approved trader scheme
- Please feel free to pass on or re-publish this email alert