Latest News

Sloth Teddy Bear Poses Choking Hazard

Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards is working with the retailer Peacocks to alert parents to a Sloth teddy bear that could pose a choking hazard to a young child.

Following a report from a concerned member of the public, Officers tested the bear and found that its eyes were loose enough that in some cases a young child under the age of 3 could remove them. The eyes were small enough to pose a choking hazard if swallowed.

There are two types of the bear being sold by the trader, a brown one (Stanley) and a pink one (Stella).

Warwickshire Trading Standards are advising parents to remove the toy from their children immediately and not to allow their children to play with the soft toy or have access to it.

We understand that Peacocks will be issuing a recall and consumers should follow the advice given, once it is published.

Warwickshire County Councillor Andy Crump, Portfolio Holder for Community Safety said:

“I am pleased a vigilant member of the public took the time to contact Trading Standards and report this issue to help protect the public. Trading Standards work with retailers locally and nationally to help ensure toys are safe for children to play with.”

Peacocks are conducting a product recall, contact: Peacocks Stores Ltd, Windsor Road Cardiff CF24 5NG tel: 029 20 270222.

%d bloggers like this: