Homeland Security Investigations officials are preparing for a crush of new scams when the coronavirus vaccine is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which could come in a few weeks.
A few things to keep in mind to avoid falling victim:
- Always consult a licensed medical professional to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine or treatment
- Make sure your doctor has been approved to administer the vaccine.
- Do not buy COVID-19 vaccines or treatments over the internet.
- Do not buy COVID-19 vaccines or treatments through an online pharmacy.
- Ignore large, unsolicited offers for vaccinations and miracle treatments or cures.
- Don’t respond to text messages, emails or calls about vaccines and treatments.
- Be wary of ads for vaccines and treatments on social media and phishing emails and texts.
- Any suspicious activity can be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org.