Warwickshire County Council are forming a new residents’ panel called ‘Voice of Warwickshire’ and want to hear from as many people as possible and a wide range of interests.
As a Council, we want our decisions and priorities to be informed by the views of a representative group of residents. This will help us to understand people’s needs and improve how we work with communities in tackling the huge challenges we face in a world changed by COVID-19.
Our goal is to give people the chance to get more involved in big decisions that affect Warwickshire and the area where they live over the next few years. People who sign up will be helping us to deliver the new Council Plan, focusing on big issues in Warwickshire, like health and wellbeing, climate change and sustainability, community safety, education, transport, economic growth, inequalities and inclusion and more.
Why might I want to get involved?
- To share your opinions and experiences of living in Warwickshire
- To provide views on key issues that impact you, your family, friends, and communities
- To help inform Warwickshire County Council’s policymaking, based on your experiences
How can I take part?
Once you register as a Voice of Warwickshire member, around 4 times a year Warwickshire County Council will ask you to give your opinions mainly through polls and surveys. To make this as accessible as possible for everyone – at registration people can say if they need paper versions, telephone support, information in another language or format, or any other accessible support to participate. Residents are asked to sign up initially for 12 months.
Anyone can sign up to be a Voice of Warwickshire member so long as they are over 18 and live in Warwickshire. There are two ways to register:
1. Online by clicking on this direct link: https://ask.warwickshire.gov.uk/voice-of-warwickshire/register or by typing in https://bit.ly/VoiceofWarwickshire
2. If you want to share this with someone who doesn’t have access to the internet or needs telephone support, call 01926 410410 (Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm).
They will be asked to provide some basic information about themselves in the first instance.
Applications close on 14th November 2021.