Crime in rural areas emerged as a concern from Warwickshire Community Safety Partners in late 2013. Victims of crime in rural areas are often isolated or in small communities. This can have a disproportionate impact on those victims and their fear of crime. In North Warwickshire Borough over 75% of all the crime was classed as rural.
In response to this emerging issue the WCC Community Safety Team established a Rural Crime Project in the North of the County with funding from Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner. A similar project followed in the South of the County based in Stratford District Council.
At comprehensive website is the mainstay of the projects, set up in 2014, it provides a range of information regarding the rural community.
- About us – information on the projects
- Advice- There are numerous advice sheets that have been developed based on the crime patterns and emerging trends, empowering the public to take steps to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of crime.
- Useful links – links to other websites
- Information films – a series of Youtube videos on crime prevention
- Alerts and news – up to date messages on current crimes and advice
- Wildlife watchers – details of wildlife crime and how to report it
- Report a crime – Off Road Bike Nuisance, Anti-Social Behaviour and Fly tipping
The link to the site is
The projects organise events in the local communities, supported by the NFU, led by the local Safer Neighbourhood Policing Team and attended by a range of support services focusing on rural crime. These are advertised on the website
More recently in 2019 the Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner has funding a dedicated Police Rural Crime Team consisting of a Sgt, 4 PC’s and a Rural Crime Officer. A Countywide resource that will work alongside the Rural Crime Projects to tackle rural crime.
WCC Community Safety Team continue to support the Projects and are involved in the various initiatives that are currently taking place across the County.
Our link to Rural Crime is Martyn Stephens on 02476 754252 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Rural Crime posts
- Dob Em In Nuisance Motor Bike form July 17, 2020 10:28 am
- General Public Should Not Have To Pay For 101 Non-Emergency Calls April 1, 2020 7:00 am
- National County Lines Co-ordination Centre To Crack Down On Drug Gangs September 21, 2018 11:19 am
- Police Call On Public To ‘Surrender Their Knives’ September 18, 2018 8:32 am
- Are you a Manager or a leader who can train your staff or your community around the Prevent Duty? Become an accredited Home Office ‘Workshop To Raise Awareness of Prevent’ (WRAP) Trainer for free. August 8, 2018 12:25 pm
- ‘Safe Car Wash’ App Launches To Tackle Modern Slavery August 6, 2018 8:30 am