Safer Streets Community Engagement events
On Thursday the 14th of September, partners working within the area of ‘Safer Streets’ and communities held an event at The CHESS Centre in Cedar Road, Camp Hill, to showcase some of the work carried out in local areas including The Dingle and Stubs Pool. This was open to the public and included screening of this short film to showcase some of the changes. Safer Streets funding has enabled work to be carried including:
- Metal trip rails, improved access points (including the installation of K barriers and radar gates)
- WCC’s forestry team - planting 75 trees at the Dingle/Stubbs Pool (almost all species that can be found in the surrounding street names)
- Promoting biodiversity and safeguarding natural species, habitats, and areas.
- Safer Streets – lamppost ‘upgrade’ and CCTV, led by partnership direction, to prevent, protect, or reduce anti-social behaviour and crime.
- Safer Streets – a partnership looking to community groups to assist with increasing the usage of the areas and increase footfall acting as capable guardians to protect the area.
- Delivery - with partners - targeted approaches to impact on identified priority communities of place and communities of interest.
The event helped to illustrate a multi-agency approach towards problem solving and community engagement, and it was important to have representation from different partners available “under one roof”. Our Community Safety Team would like to thank those who attended.