Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator menu close Quick exit ➟

Harmful practices

Throughout the world, there are many different types of harmful practices that violate human rights, predominantly of women. 

How to report a concern

If you or someone you know is, or is at risk of becoming, a victim of Female Genital Mutilation, Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage, contact Warwickshire Police on 101. In an emergency call 999. 

For confidential, non-judgmental and independent support in Warwickshire, call Refuge – Warwickshire Domestic Violence Service on 0800 408 1552. 

If you have concerns that a child is suffering ANY form of neglect, abuse or cruelty, contact the Warwickshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01926 414 144. 
Out of usual office hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01926 886 922. 
Professionals will need to complete a Multi-Agency Referral Form.

Where an adult is: 

  • Unable to look after themselves, due to the level of their care and support needs, and
  • Is experiencing or is at risk of abuse or neglect 

Contact Adult Social Care on 01926 412080. The adult social care teams can offer advice and support and, where necessary, arrange appropriate services. 

View information on safeguarding in Warwickshire